I found the original list on Facebook and then started scribbling my own thoughts on each item …………..
- Do one thing at a time (Ditch the super-woman multi-tasking nonsense)
- Do it slowly and deliberately (If we dash around, it’s easy then to have accidents or make errors – says Judith who slipped on the bathroom floor whilst contravening (1) and (2) )
- Do it completely (Ouch – another one for me – how many unfinished projects have I got on the go at the moment? Not good for the soul)
- Do less (Less is more – honestly)
- Put space between things (I think this applies to the Feng Shui of our environment as well as to our crazy back-to-back appointments diaries. Give yourself regular breathers)
- Develop rituals (There is something quite anchoring about an habitual practice. How about a health-giving ritual such as morning skin brushing or daily meditation (I’m trying to bed that in at the mo), or maybe a pause in the day for afternoon tea)?
- Designate time to certain things (If you don’t, the time gets swallowed up by other people’s stuff)
- Devote time to sitting (It’s all about balance. Rest and activity. We need them both)
- Smile and serve others (But best not through gritted teeth – ha ha!)
- Make cooking and cleaning a meditation (Don’t think of them as chores but as mindful activities. By concentrating on the task in hand, amazingly the mind can enter a peaceful state)
- Think about what is necessary (We are SO inundated with things that HAVE to be done, and endeavour to do them without question, that we live in a smog of stress 24/7)
- Live simply (Life doesn’t have to be complicated. We just make it so. Think about what you can simplify today)