** CARROT and GARLIC BISCUITS
Yummy gluten-free savoury biscuits………………..
- 100g grated carrot (you want nice juicy carrots so that the grated pulp is juicy too)
- 150g buckwheat flour (or other gluten-free flour)
- 1 teasp Herbs de Provence
- 1 teasp garlic powder
- 0.5 teasp Himalayan salt
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- A little water may be needed
- Line a baking sheet with greased baking paper
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4.
- Place all the ingredients except the oil in a processor and whiz around until broken up.
- Then add the melted coconut oil. This should make a stiff paste. If not (e.g. if carrot is dry), add a little water. Can place in fridge for 30 mins to make easier to shape.
- Spoon out mixture and shape into balls. You should get about 18 – 20 small balls.
- You want to flatten each of these to about 3mm thick.
- Place a small piece of baking paper on top of a ball. Place a flat bottomed mug on top and press down to the required thickness.
- Alternatively, you can put the whole mixture straight onto the lined baking sheet, and roll out. To do this, use a large piece of baking paper; place on top of dough, then roll out. Divide up into “squares” using a knife.
- Bake for approx 10 mins each side. This makes soft textured biscuits.
- Allow to cool before removing. Store in an air-tight container.