Yesterday, I wrote about the health benefits of turmeric and included a recipe for Golden Turmeric Paste. See my post here.
Here’s another turmeric recipe – a hot coconut milk flavoured with turmeric and spices. I found a recipe for a hot latte and adapted quite a bit to my own tastes. In my humble opinion, you cannot go too far wrong when cardamom is added !!
Recipe for Spicy Turmeric Coconut Milk
- 1 cm piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 2 cm piece of fresh turmeric root, peeled and grated
- 3 – 4 cardamom pods, freshly ground, husks removed
- 3 black peppercorns, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 – 2 teasp coconut oil
- 400ml coconut milk (I used a tin)
- Place all ingredients into a Vitamix and blend
- Pour into a saucepan and bring gently to the boil
- Simmer on very low heat for 5 – 10 mins
Pour into 2 small mugs.
Sprinkle a little cinnamon powder / grated raw chocolate on top
Sit back and enjoy 🙂