I often make a simple chocolate mousse with avocado and banana as a base, but as delicious as it is, those who dislike bananas (strange people – ha ha!!) won’t go near it!!
Here is a banana-free option. It uses coconut milk instead.
The only down side to this is that unless you are blessed enough to live in a country where you have a ready supply of fresh coconuts, you have to rely on tins or cartons of the stuff. Tins are coated with BPA (a big NO-NO if you want to be mega healthy), and cartons often include other ingredients, such as agave syrup (another big NO-NO in my humble opinion).
This isn’t going to be a daily dish, more of a treat, so I shall park concerns for the moment. If anyone knows of a good tinned / carton coconut milk, without hidden extras, please do tell me. I would love to hear from you 😊
This recipe is nut-free and dairy-free but NOT vegan (though could be made so, by substituting for the honey)
· 1 large avocado
· 2/3 cup coconut milk
· 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
· Pinch of Himalayan salt
· 1 tablespoon raw honey (I used Chestnut)
· 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
· Blend everything in the Vitamix and serve. Even better if you have a spare hour or two, put in the fridge to allow the flavours to meld.
· Could sprinkle with some raw cacao nibs and/or bee pollen, and/or fresh fruit such as raspberries.